Assembler Installer General B
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.Boeing Commercial Airlines has an
exciting opportunity for an Assembler Installer to assist with
multiple areas of the production system while working on different
airplane programs throughout your career. This position is located
in either Renton or Everett, WA.As an Assembler Installer you will
work within a final assembly environment by drawing on knowledge
acquired from training and certification classes to complete your
daily assigned work. By interpreting drawings and
reading/comprehending work instructions you will be responsible for
identifying your work (task) location on the airplane/part/tooling
and identifying all required hand tools, parts and equipment to
accomplish defect-free work.Position Responsibilities
- Use a computer in a production environment.
- Look up/read/comprehend technical work instructions, drawings
- Install various parts and assemblies such as landing gear,
aircraft control surfaces, exterior panels, carpets, blankets,
roller trays/ball mats, stowbins, sidewalls, ceiling panels,
lavatories, galleys, doors, and seats.
- Install various aircraft system components such as tubing,
valves, regulators, actuators, compressors, and ducts.
- Appropriate protective clothing/equipment determined by the
task you are performing.
- Operate mechanical lifts of various types (e.g. ladders, tiger
and snorkel lifts).
- Various tools such as Rivet gun and bucking bar, screwdrivers,
lock bolt puller, power screwdriver, C-squeeze, ratchet wrench, nut
runner, Winslow, 90-Degree Power Vane, or Quackenbush and various
other hand tools.
- Chemical solvents, sealants, coatings, primers, adhesives,
paints and special finishes
- Inspect your work quality and check for FOD (Foreign Object
- Carrying/Lifting up to 10-35 pounds
- Flexion/Extension (head bent down, head bent back), Handling,
Kneeling, Bending at the waist, Reaching (overhead), Rotation of
head/neck, Standing, Twisting at the waist and walking.
- Use of high impact vibratory tools (bucking/riveting).
- Climbing/balancing (stairs, ladders, poles, scaffolding,
inclined surfaces), Crawling, Crouching (squatting),
- Working around energized sources (electrical equipment and
hazards/shock, e.g. circuit breakers and wiring) and exposure to
- Finger manipulation (keyboarding, other).
- Reading from a computer screen, printed drawings or
documents.This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected
candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed
location options.This position must meet Export Control compliance
requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R.
120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful
permanent resident, refugee, or asyleeBasic Qualifications
- Experience using software applications for internet navigation,
email, Microsoft Suite and/or other specialized computer
applicationsPreferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience reading and interpreting drawings, specifications,
material processes, schematic and diagrams
- Attended a Boeing partnered manufacturing related high school
or community and technology college academic program
- Ability to work with High Hazard ChemicalsTypical EducationHigh
school graduate or GED preferred.RelocationThis position is located
in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live
in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.Shift This
position is primarily for 2nd shift however other shifts may be
required to be filled from time to time. Drug Free WorkplaceBoeing
is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees
are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
our policies.UnionThis is an hourly position governed by the IAM
Collective Bargaining agreement.Other Relevant Information &
Requirements:Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and
Portland must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be
considered in the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget
Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be
considered.Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability,
genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Seattle , Assembler Installer General B, Professions , Hansville, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!