Company: Belco Forest Products
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionBelco Forest Products leads the way in
preservative treated and primed exterior wood millwork for use in
residential and commercial construction projects. Builders enjoy
the beauty of natural wood that is also environmentally friendly,
easy to install and built to last. We've been partnering with the
premier dealers and distributors across the country since our
inception in 1978.Belco Forest Products located in Shelton
Washington is looking for an experienced Production Manager to join
our growing team!The Production Manager reports to the Vice
President of Operations and is accountable to manage the day-to-day
activities of the operation. The successful candidate will plan,
organize, direct, coordinate and control mill activities to support
production. This position is responsible for utilizing Belco's Key
Performance Indicators (KPIs), and Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs) to ensure continuous improvement and optimization throughout
operations. The Production Manager is accountable for achieving
Belco's health and safety, quality, productivity, and cost
objectives. Essential Functions of this PositionReasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Responsible for the timely reporting of all business metrics
and KPIs for the manufacturing organization, conducts presentations
of technical information concerning production processes,
schedules, projects, quality, inventory, and costs.
- Promote supervisor and employee involvement in SOPs and KPIs,
providing coaching, feedback, and direction to improve
- Providing clear direction to supervisors that maximizes
efficiency and minimizes costs while ensuring product quality,
safety, and inventory accuracy.
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement,
ownership, and accountability to proactively eliminate
- Responsible for scheduling of shifts and employees within the
Production and Shipping & Receiving organizations.
- Accountable for providing coaching and performance management
development to supervisors.
- Using The Belco Playbook as a guide, build employee commitment
and ownership by holding employees responsible for Belco Core
Values in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Foster a culture of open and respectful communication.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma; Associate degree or higher preferred
- 7 to 10 years in the sawmill industry within various
- Experience working in a wood products business with financial
and labor relations responsibilities.
- Demonstrated track record of success to raise operational
- Knowledge and relevant experience in Continuous Improvement
principles and tools
- Knowledge and ability in utilizing computerized systems
- Mobilizing and coaching leadership, ability to provide
supportive feedback and to deal with conflicts
- Ability to influence and to lead the team to reach determined
- Strong planning, organizing, prioritizing, time management and
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, and decision-making
- Demonstrated skills in operation analysis, Continuous
Improvement and problem solving
- Capacity to instill a sense of urgency
- Excellent written & verbal communication skillsCompetencies
- Customer/Client Focus
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Results Driven/Commitment to Succeed
- Stress Management/Composure
- Teamwork Orientation
- Safety Mindset Supervisory and Management Responsibility This
position manages the production, shipping and receiving and
inventory of Belco and Custom products.Work Environment Typically
works in in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended
periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
Ability to perform consistent work on a computer. The environment
may be highly stressful when pending production deadlines and
requirements must be achieved. Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or
- Make fast, repeated movements of fingers, hands, and
- Understand the speech of another person.
- Regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing, and
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- See details of objects that are less or more than a few feet
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small
objects.Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time
salaried position. This position may require long hours to meet
business requirements. Schedule may consist of nights, overtime,
weekend, and holiday work; schedule flexibility is required. Travel
This position may travel to meet business requirementsThis is a
full-time position with health & welfare benefits. This position
may require long hours to meet business requirements. Schedule may
consist of nights, overtime, weekend, and holiday work; schedule
flexibility is required.Our success as a company relies on the work
ethic and personal success of our employees. As a result, we aim to
be an attractive employer that encourages our staff to develop
their strengths and recognizes their achievements. We provide a
challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working
to form the best team - especially from within, through an emphasis
on continual learning and development.Belco Forest Products
complies with Federal Transparency in Coverage regulations by
providing this link (https://www.regence.com/home) to machine
readable files related to the health plans offered to our
employees. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow
researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily
access and analyze data including negotiated service rates, and
out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare
providers.Powered by JazzHRIqRisj2FTi
Keywords: Belco Forest Products, Seattle , Production Manager, Professions , Shelton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!