Material Handler - 20 + Part Time - 16 years and o
Company: Evergreen Goodwill
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: August 7, 2022
- Consistent Scheduling & Hours!
- Great Benefits!
- PAID Training & Growth Opportunities!
- Fun and Inclusive work environment!The hours for this role are
subject to an interactive discussion with hiring manager. 30 hours
or more weekly qualifies for benefits!Now hiring 16 years and
older!About the Position Material Handlers unload donations from
containers and move goods to appropriate production areas.Essential
Functions and Responsibilities: Other duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without
- Remove and sort through salvage material and garbage from
- Sort donations into appropriate bins for further
- Provide a smooth flow of goods to the production floor.
- Use cardboard compactors and identify problems.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Demonstrate safe work practices through awareness and
observation in support of a safety culture; reports any potential
hazards or accidents.
- Build and maintain internal and external customer
- If applicable: Consistent and safe execution of duties
associated with forklift operation when certified to Seattle
- Minors: Are not allowed to use or perform any job duties with
any heavy machinery or compactors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalency preferred, but not
- No experienced requiredCertificates, Licenses, or
- If applicable to job role: Evergreen Goodwill Forklift
certification optional, must meet eligibility requirementsPhysical
- Lift and carry up to 30-40 pounds
- Have developed fine motor control (grasp, handle, manipulate
objects with fingers)
- Standing for long periods, frequent bending, kneeling,
reaching, stooping, squatting, pushing
- Climbing ladders; able to travel across a variety of surfaces
(stairs, ramps, uneven terrain).
- Able to communicate with others effectively both verbally and
written, including those who have limited English skills.
- Maintain reliable attendance.Essential Mental/Sensory
- Organizing, sorting, categorizing, counting, adding,
- Problem Solving
- Communicating with the publicBenefits:
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation, paid sick time and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription plans
available for you and your family
- 20% employee discount
- Employee Assistance Program for you and everyone in your
- Training and advancement opportunities at all levels of the
- 403(b) Retirement Savings PlanAbout Goodwill We believe in the
potential of individuals to make positive changes in their lives.
We believe that education and training empower people to make those
changes. Our vision for the communities we serve is that each
person is able to choose rewarding employment, financial security
and the experience of educational achievement. We are committed to
creating and sustaining a culture of equity, diversity and
inclusion (DEI). We embrace our employees' differences and
acknowledge and support our collective responsibility.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Evergreen Goodwill, Seattle , Material Handler - 20 + Part Time - 16 years and o, Professions , Mount Vernon, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!