Company: US AMR-Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
About JLL -
We're JLL-a leading professional services and investment management
firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80
countries and a workforce of over 98,000 individuals around the
world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve
their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also
have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and
corporate social responsibility. That's why we're committed to our
purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world.
We're using the most advanced technology to create rewarding
opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions
for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also
fundamental to everything we do and we're honored to be recognized
with awards for our success by organizations both globally and
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel
welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is
important to who we are today and where we're headed in the future.
And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives
help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to
apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements below. We're
interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the
Responsible for the operational management and effective daily
leadership and administration of the engineering team with the
objectives of safely, efficiently, and effectively operating
machinery and systems in a cost-effective manner. The Chief
Engineer must ensure the highest level of professionalism, while
meeting the clients' needs, and a commitment to achieving the goal
of 100% uptime throughout the engineering team. Responsible for
protecting and improving the value of the client's assets and
ensuring that building engineering systems continue to perform
their intended function. The Chief Engineer will implement and
manage the reliability-based maintenance function. The incumbent
also executes equipment inspection and monitoring programs; defines
and implements maintenance best practices to improve overall
mechanical equipment uptime; and continuously evaluates current
maintenance, operations and reliability methods and implements
changes to enhance effectiveness at increasing value-maximizing
- Oversee the maintenance and continuous operation of all
building systems including: fire/life safety, mechanical (HVAC,
plumbing, controls) electrical (lighting, UPS, PDU, generators,
primary switch gear), cabling (data and voice, broad band),
lighting and temperature controls systems, critical environments,
light construction (painting, doors, locks), digital systems (fire
alarm, duress, card access, CCTV), and Audio/Visual services.
Utilize staff and contracting with outside vendors as
- Supervise and manage engineers and maintenance staff including
hiring, training and personal development
- Identify the maintenance objectives of the facility and
incorporate those objectives into a documented plan that includes
preventive, corrective and reliability maintenance
- Has in-depth knowledge of all building systems and how they
- Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance processes.
- Understands aspects of construction planning and
- Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the
remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building's staff and
occupants work in a safe environment. Implement, administer, and
manage safety training program.
- Provide leadership in driving Reliability Centered Maintenance
- Providing customer interface and support
- Partner in planning/scheduling optimization
- Assure Document Management quality
- Manage underground utilities reliability and
- Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines
are met as they relate to the operation of the building's
infrastructure. Responsible for alerting management of building
- Assist in the development of a Capital plan which would include
planning for infra-structure upgrades, equipment replacements and
building modifications to ensure the building's future capabilities
- Responsible for ensuring that major projects performed at the
building are properly planned, executed and closed out in
accordance with standard industry practices.
- Maintain all infrastructure and compliance documentation for
the building including up-to-date building drawings and
single-lines as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of
maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State or Local
- Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors
working within the building either as representatives of the
building itself or tenants operating within the buildings.
- Responsible for keeping records of buildings rounds and
readings, all engineering logs and engineering data
- Responsible for advance training and notification to all
contractors so that they are informed and knowledgeable with
respects to the building's critical functions and the work they are
to perform, including an incident contact response list.
- Ensure that the Critical Facility Work Authorization is a
well-understood process among the building staff, engineers,
tenants and contractors who perform work on the building's critical
- Manage Contracted Maintenance Staff and Vendors
- Performs additional job duties as requested.
- Associate Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent
- 5+ years of facility related leadership and supervisory
- Demonstrated technical expertise in facility related
- Operating Engineers license (SMA) or equivalent
- Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC's (or within 90
days of employment)
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft
Office and CMMS systems
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills
- Proven record of excellent internal and external customer
Our benefits are a good reason to come to JLL.
We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our
industry, and then empowering them with the resources and support
to enhance their health, financial and personal well-being. Our
underlying benefits philosophy is this: be fair to our people, and
provide opportunities for those who take advantage of our programs
and resources to lower their health costs and increase their
personal and financial security.
Benefits to eligible employees, include:
- 401(k) plan with matching company contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave at 100% of salary
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
- Flexible Work Arrangements may be available
- Executive Benefits
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we
invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you
achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions,
investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and
We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and
affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and
investment management services. We take our responsibility to
protect the personal information provided to us seriously.
Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the
purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment
process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with
appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it
for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it
safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data,
please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19. If required, you'll be asked to provide proof that you're
fully vaccinated upon your start date. You're considered fully
vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a
two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks
after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen).
Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable
accommodation because of a disability for any part of the
employment process - including the online application and/or
overall selection process - you may contact us at Accommodation
Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please
direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us
page > I want to work for JLL.
Keywords: US AMR-Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc., Seattle , Chief Engineer, Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!