Design Engineer - Plumbing
Company: MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions
Posted on: January 25, 2023
At MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions ("MacMiller") we . As the
Northwest's leading mechanical contracting firm, we design, deliver
and service HVAC, plumbing and automation system solutions for
commercial buildings. With our over 1500 employees across 15
offices, there is a breadth and variety of work to keep you engaged
and inspired. We enjoy a well-respected history of exceeding our
customers' expectations and . Our clients trust their toughest
projects with our integrated teams, including:
- New construction - Engineering, fabrication and installation of
mechanical systems for new projects following lean construction
- Special projects - Retrofits and mechanical repairs for
existing buildings for new efficiencies
- Service - scheduled preventative maintenance ensuring tenant
comfort, and 24/7 emergency response
- Building performance - Control systems, fault detection, energy
services and remote monitoring People love to work at
MacDonald-Miller, and it's because we all share the same
- - Diverse players, one team, a common vision. Collaboration is
our foundation and critical to the success of the company. Every
team member is valued and brings a diversity of strengths to help
us meet our common vision.
- - We are dedicated to personal and professional excellence. We
execute with distinction by doing the right thing and following
through on our commitments.
- - Everyone deserves a safe workplace. Safety is more than
hardhats and boots, it's an attitude and the environment we create.
Every day, everyone goes home to their families.
- - We are proud to be part of MacDonald-Miller. We actively seek
to build relationships and know each other as individuals. Together
we create an environment that is welcoming, caring, and
- - We are committed to continuous, . Innovation is how we stay
an industry leader. We always strive to challenge and better
- - Take the work seriously, but never take ourselves too
seriously. It's possible to be both serious professionals and
good-natured people you enjoy working with. We strive to be both.
Plumbing Design Engineer: This is where you come in. We're looking
for a Plumbing Design Engineer to design and coordinate mechanical
wet side and plumbing systems. This is a role we are willing to
train, you will work closely with a mentor and the design and
construction teams while monitoring/maintaining the scope,
schedule, and budget of various projects. You will work to stay
current with new industry practices and technologies, and provide
completed, high-quality drawings and specifications to the rest of
the engineering team. In return for achieving aggressive goals,
you'll get rewarded with more to own, a ton of growth
opportunities, and more freedom than you've probably ever had. Top
deliverables in the first year to be a hero:
- Design and coordinate plumbing systems including sizing of
piping and plumbing systems
- Represent MacDonald-Miller both internally and externally
(including working closely with design and construction teams)
- Complete engineering calculations. Select and schedule plumbing
- Monitor and maintain the scope / schedule / budget of various
- Know and stay current with new technologies / industry
practices / coding languages
- Provide complete high-quality drawings and specifications The
Plumbing Design Engineer role reports to David Jaques - Engineering
Manager on a collaborative team working on a variety of projects
and initiatives to support our growing business. This highly
visible role interacts with all levels and functions within the
organization. You should have---
- A desire to learn and grow as a designer
- Expertise leveraging CAD, Revit, and Bluebeam software
- A 2-4 year degree in drafting, engineering, or related field
And everyone you work with should describe you as---
- Dependable, thoroughly checking work, finishing assignments,
and meeting deadlines.
- Capable of learning and adapting to computer software, trends,
and technology. And you should be motivated by---
- Being a part of a fast-paced environment with a talented team,
and working on major projects in the PNW
- Empowering yourself to learn how to do something. If you need a
ton of handholding or a micro-manager boss, this is not the place
- Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where you'll
be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every
- Having fun in an environment high on transparency, open to
innovative new approaches with a supportive family feel
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions presently provides employee
- Medical, dental, vision for employees (coverage available for
dependents for shared premium).
- 401k retirement plan including Company matching.
- Vacation and Sick Compensation (PTO), and Holiday Pay!
- Disability income protection including short term and long-term
- Employee and dependent life insurance.
- Wellness Program.
- Employee Assistance Program. Where you will work Our Seattle HQ
office (17930 International Blvd, SeaTac, WA 98188) has easy access
to the SeaTac International Airport, ample secured parking, and
newly renovated office facilities - not to mention great views!
Neighborhood amenities include an onsite deli, restaurants, and
convenient freeway/airport access. Interested in learning more? If
you're ready for an adventure and are interested in being
considered for this role, click apply to start the conversation! Or
if you know someone who currently works at MacDonald-Miller, reach
out to them to get introduced to the team! MacDonald-Miller
Facility Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions, Seattle , Design Engineer - Plumbing, Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!