Senior Mission Critical Electrical Engineer
Company: Dlr Group
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Elevate the human experience through design TM Share with
friends! Are you ready for new challenges and new opportunities?
-Join our team! Senior Mission Critical Electrical EngineerDLR
Group is an integrated design firm. Our brand promise is to elevate
the human experience through design. If that challenge is
appealing, you're at the right place.DLR Group operates within a
hybrid work model, supporting flexibility between office time and
work from home.The National Mission Critical team has an opening
for a Senior Electrical Engineer (data centers, emergency call
centers, industrial).Location: Seattle, WA or other locations
availablePosition SummaryAs a Senior Electrical Engineer at DLR
Group you will be responsible for low and medium voltage systems
design for mission critical projects. As part of our integrated
design teams, you create buildings that elevate the human
experience through design. You will be responsible for
participating in the design process of mission critical electrical
systems and preparing or reviewing detailed electrical drawings and
calculations for projects. You will partner directly with the
Project Manager and Project Architect to ensure the financial
health of the project, the quality of project documents, claim
prevention, team collaboration and communication. Additionally, you
will coordinate with the cross-functional design disciplines in
developing technical solutions.The successful candidate will
- Lead overall electrical project scope to include various
aspects of the following: fee development, work plan for electrical
team, construction documents, specifications, bid negotiations,
construction administration, and final closeout.
- Serve as the Engineer of Record for the electrical
- Develop and coordinate electrical designs from concept through
completion of construction.
- Manage a team of engineers/designers as needed.
- Prepare construction specification for electrical systems.
- Prepare design for fire detection and alarm systems that are
applicable to mission critical facilities.
- Review or prepare technical studies utilizing industry standard
software (SKM, ETAP, Easy Power, etc.) such as: Load flow studies,
fault calculations, Arc Flash, overcurrent coordination studies,
duct bank calculations, harmonic studies, etc.
- Coordinate electrical design requirements with structural,
civil, mechanical, architecture, and other disciplines.
- Coordinate project design requirements with clients,
construction, serving electric utilities, and site development
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience designing power systems on Mission
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Proven experience as engineer designing power systems on
- The ability to travel occasionally to support project
- Experience with Medium Voltage systems up to 35KV.
- Experience filling the role of data center design engineer for
- Manage schedule, budget, and quality of assigned projects.
- Experience and interest in designing data centers and other
mission critical facilities.
- An appreciation and understanding of environmental
- A desire to collaborate and work in fully integrated design
teams.Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and at
LinkedIn.We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
Keywords: Dlr Group, Seattle , Senior Mission Critical Electrical Engineer, Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!