Loss Prevention Agent
Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: January 27, 2023
About UsJoin our Winning Team today and start your ownership
journey! -WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 135
grocery stores, complete with our own distribution centers and
transportation network. Were proud to operate across 10 states west
of the Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners. -At WinCo
Foods we act like owners because we are! We believe, as the Low
Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the communities
where we operate better by giving them the best possible prices to
feed their families and by focusing on the success, well-being and
diversity of our employee owners. -Currently, WinCo is the third
largest Employee-Owned company in the United States. WinCo has more
than 500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock
Ownership Plan (ESOP). Once eligible, you can start your journey to
ownership with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you
make each year. - (ESOP available at most locations and subject to
vesting) -WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the
industry, with low cost, high quality medical benefits with rates
as low as $40 a month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months,
eligible for 6 paid holidays after 6 months, sick leave, and paid
vacation after one year (amount based on hours worked), career
advancement opportunities, competitive wages, employee assistance
program, discount program and even voluntary benefits like Pet
Insurance!OverviewJob Summary -Responsible for the Loss Prevention
activities related to the detection, apprehension and processing of
shoplifters. Diligently set an example of what it means to be an
employee owner who makes excellent business minded decisions aimed
at controlling loss and helping the company protect profits. Assist
store management in maintaining a safe environment for our
customers, vendors, and employees. Provide presence and
professionalism aimed at de-escalating situations that arise within
the store. -Assist internal Loss Prevention staff conducting
various investigations. Perform related work. -Typical Duties and
- Demonstrates professionalism and excellent judgement in a fast
paced retail environment.
- Detects, apprehends and processes shoplifters in accordance
with company policies and local laws/regulations.
- Contributes to the safe resolution of concerning situations
within the store using verbal de-escalation techniques paired with
- Prepares and submits reports involving investigations and Loss
Prevention (LP) matters.
- Researches and archives general liability incidents via
- Participates in internal company investigations.
- Testifies at legal and court proceedings on behalf of the
- Works with local, state and government agencies regarding
- Participates in maintenance of loss prevention and safety
- Conducts loss prevention audits.
- Detects, investigates and reports hazardous workplace incidents
- Provides store support by promoting loss prevention and safety
- Provides LP training to store staff.
- Maintains loss prevention office and equipment to established
- Identifies and troubleshoots and reports issues with C.C.T.V.
- High School Diploma or equivalentExperience:
- Recognizing the required criteria to determine what constitutes
- Demonstrating good excellent judgment when responding to
difficult situations or individuals.
- Providing excellent verbal, written and interpersonal
communications skills in a work setting.
- Documenting work and customer service activities.
- Applying strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure
- Demonstrating initiative and self-direction.
- Working effectively in a team oriented environment.Ability to:
- Consistently provide friendly and engaging customer service to
internal and external customers.
- Perform at a high level in a fast paced environment with
limited immediate supervision.
- Work 10-12 hour shifts in a 24/7 operation, including nights,
weekends and holidays.
- Develop proficiency with WinCos C.C.T.V. equipment, locks and
- Sit for extended periods.
- Perform all tasks efficiently and accurately with
confidentiality, honesty and integrity.
- Obtain State or Local certifications as required.
- Wear provided personal protective equipment such as gloves and
- Travel daily within a defined geographic area to assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.Additional
- Must be at least 18 years oldMachines and Equipment Operated:
- Office machines (computer terminal, copier/ scanner, 10-key,
fax machine, telephone etc.).
- C.T.V., DVR and digital camera equipment.The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by
the employees assigned to this job. - All employees must comply
with Company policies and applicable laws. - The responsibilities,
duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary. -
EEO/InclusivityAs WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversityfrom
our variety of perspectives and wide range of experiencesis
essential to our strategy and success. We are committed to continue
to cultivate and celebrate an inclusive environment in which all
employees are valued and respected regardless of their race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Seattle , Loss Prevention Agent, Professions , Bremerton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!