Minimum $30k Sign-On Bonus Principal Electrical Engineer - Motor Controls
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: March 21, 2023
Date Posted:2022-11-18-08:00Country:United States of
AmericaLocation:AZ852: RMS AP Bldg M East Hermans Road Building
M02, Tucson, AZ, 85756 USAPosition Role Type:Hybrid This position
is eligible for a minimum of $30k Sign-On Bonus Sign-On Bonus is
not permitted for internal candidates About Us: At Raytheon
Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and
make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a
richer technology and product set, an expanded range of
disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of
colleagues and customers. Job Summary: The Low Voltage Power
Products (LVPP) Department supports key Raytheon Missiles and
Defense (RMD) products, by providing mission-critical designs
relating to power conversion, motor controls, flight termination
systems, telemetry, and other analog domains. We are looking for
mid to senior level engineers who have control electronics
knowledge to help design robust control systems for important
national defense products.We value diverse skills and experience,
so don't hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value
to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and
so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could
accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.Responsibilities to
- Design, analyze, simulate, test, and document control
electronics circuitry potentially utilizing any standard control
electronics topologies with the main emphasis on board mounted
control end use applications.
- Architect at the circuit card stack level.
- See circuit card and stack development through its design
phases, from requirements definition through initial integration
- Drive to meet schedule concerns. Define schedules for circuit,
circuit card, and stack level tasking.
- Guide ECAD drafters and junior engineers through layout and
routing activities. Define layer stackup definitions. Drive
decisions relating to creepage and clearance.
- Lead medium sized teams to success with schedule, budget, and
- Engage in personal technical growth and facilitate technical
growth in peers and junior engineers. Help to understand what
opportunities are needed to mature the organization on the
- Clearly present work product of your team to functional and
program leadership. Manage related risk discussions. Guide junior
engineers on technical presentation skills. Qualifications You Must
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
(STEM) and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR an advanced STEM
degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience.
- Design, analysis, test, and simulation experience with analog
or digital controls, and driving one or more of the following motor
types: Brushed, BLDC or PMSM.
- Experience with analog electronics design, including all of the
following: FET/BJT logic level, op-amp, high/low/band pass filters,
clock/data termination, and comparator circuits.
- E xperience with designing at the circuit card stack level to
meet concerns of adjacent disciplines, such as thermal, structural,
mechanical, reliability, and quality.
- Experience utilizing and creating electrical design
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance.
U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for
a security clearance. Qualifications We Value:
- An advanced Electrical Engineering degree
- Experience guiding drafters through the ECAD process, including
the layout and routing concerns specific to control
- A self-starter, a quick learner, be able to function in a
dynamic environment, and have good time management skills.
Professional experience leading small teams.
- Professional experience communicating and documenting technical
topics at the small and large team level, and experience presenting
to lower levels of management.
- Professional experience conducting trade studies relating to
control electronics architecture at the circuit card level.
- Exposure to professional EMI Filter design, analysis, test, and
simulation considerations in control electronics circuits.
- Exposure to professional sensor (magnetic encoder, resolver,
Hall Effect) use design, analysis, test, and simulation
considerations in control electronics circuits. A conceptual
understanding of sensors and their selection.
- Moderate professional Experience with digital control
electronics design, analysis, simulation, and test. Includes
familiarity with embedded systems architecture and firmware
development for digital control systems.
- Moderate professional Experience with wide bandgap devices
(SiC, GaN) in control electronics designs.
- Moderate professional Experience with circuit/system simulator
SaberRD, and MATLAB Simulink. Knowledge of dSPACE is not required
- Moderate professional Experience with Mentor Graphics
DxDesigner, and/or Hyperlynx.
- Moderate professional Experience with acting as a liaison
between program and functional management in a cross-matrixed
- Moderate professional Experience with military
- Moderate professional Experience with design considerations for
voltages > 100V.
- Moderate professional Experience with program management tools
such as Earned Value.
- Moderate professional Experience with proposal development.
What We Offer:Whether you're just starting out on your career
journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total
rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation;
healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career
development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits
we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.Location Information:This position is
located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and
laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a
metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best
Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran
Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with
some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue
skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's
fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors
year-round.Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees
currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a
Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles.
ALL eligibility requirements must be met ( see guidelines ) to
receive the Referral Awarding. Raytheon Technologies is An Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Seattle , Minimum $30k Sign-On Bonus Principal Electrical Engineer - Motor Controls, Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...