Portable Tool Repairperson - 89907
Location: Fox Island
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.Boeing is hiring Portable Tool
Repairpersons to support aircraft production in Renton,
Washington.Employees in this position maintain, repair, rebuild,
diagnose, and correct malfunctions of all types of Portable Tools.
This includes pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, hand tools, and
Electrostatic and Conventional paint equipment. Some office
machines such as laminators and label makers may also be included.
Tooling support and repair of non-certified measurement tools may
also be a responsibility. Set up and checks all new tools before
delivery to the end-user. Support MR&D in the evaluation of any
new tools as well as tools currently in use. Maintain sufficient
inventory of spare parts essential to maintaining the various tools
on site. Arrange for the Packaging and shipping of tools to offsite
customers. Will be responsible for evaluating tools as to the
feasibility of repair versus surplus.Position Responsibilities:
- Obtain work package from ready to work rack/station or assigned
by area lead, supervisor, SAT or MSS system, or run previously
set-up job by reviewing tie-in from prior operator.
- Work from drawings, sketches, repair manuals, schematics,
documents, technical information and other written and verbal
information, as required.
- Ensure all safety processes and features are properly in place
during tool repair operations, as required.
- Order and replenish parts online using maintenance service
system (MSS), Cribmaster, or use appropriate request forms, to
accomplish work assignments, as required.
- Receive and transfer tools in Cribmaster database, as
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical/electronic tools (e.g., heat
gun, vacuum cleaner, cordless drill) and test parts using
electrical test equipment, replace and/or solder parts (e.g.,
cracked circuit board), as required.
- Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic tools (e.g., angle drill,
impact wrench, micro shaver, nutsetter, paint guns) replace and
install new parts, as required.
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic tools (e.g., jack, pump, cold
work puller) analyze and correct malfunction by replacing parts
(e.g., oil, hose, seal) to ensure they hold pressure, as required.
Verify, assign, and enter certification and inspection dates as
- Troubleshoot and repair powerfeed equipment, including make
adjustments to feed and speed rates as requested by hole
- Troubleshoot torque wrench and replace small parts (e.g., dog,
spring, or install replacement kit), make adjustments and set to
standard deviation, test out and then send to Cal/Cert for
calibration, as required.
- Troubleshoot and repair manual mechanical tools (e.g., chain
hoist, bander, paper cutter) replace parts, adjust and try out, as
- Diagnose and repair air logic tools (e.g., gantry, peckfeed
drill, quakenbush), as required.
- Use various bench or floor mounted tools (e.g., drill press,
bearing press, sander) or portable tools to accomplish work
- Operate machinist lathe to true up spindle or hone bushing. Use
dial indicator and other precision measuring instruments, as
- Assist toolroom mechanics on aircraft production calls when
portable tools (e.g., cold work tools) are jammed or malfunction on
- Perform assigned periodic preventive maintenance (PM) on
factory tools (e.g., gantry drilling machine) rebuild, replace worn
parts, as required.
- Assist other crafts (e.g., plumbers, electricians, sheet metal)
when work is incidental, but necessary to accomplishment of
portable tool repair, as required.
- Degrease and clean tool parts (e.g., spindles, bushings) using
approved cleaning methods, per Boeing (BAC) specifications, as
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in approved manner
(e.g., oil, grease, shop towels).
- Maintain personal and tool certifications, as required.
- Consult with lead, supervisor and/or others (e.g., suppliers,
customers) on process or job related issues, as required.
- Input, respond to and complete service requests in maintenance
service system (MSS) Maximo.
- Troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance as
required on paint equipment (piston pumps, diaphragm pumps,
pressure pots). Install new parts, new hoses, functional test
equipment and deliver to customer, as required.This position is
expected to be 100% onsite. - The selected candidate will be
required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.This
position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. - 120.15 is
required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent
resident, refugee, or asylee.Basic Qualifications (Required
- 1+ year experience maintaining and repairing various portable
- Experience with the set-up, maintenance, trouble shooting and
repair of machine tools.
- Experience in repairing, maintaining, construction, and/or the
inspection of tools, dies, jigs, powerfeed, etc.Typical
Education:High school graduate or GED
preferred.Relocation:Relocation assistance is not a negotiable
benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate
area or relocate at their own expense.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is
a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are
subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines,
PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our
policies.Shift:This position is for variable shifts.Union:
- Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland
must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in
the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing
employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be
- This is an hourly position governed by the International
Association of Machinists (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining
agreement.Other Relevant Information & Requirements:
- Shift will be determined on production needsSummary pay range:
$22.00 - $45.30At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards
package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. -
Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay
and variable compensation opportunities. -The Boeing Company also
provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a
variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance,
flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement
savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number
of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from
work. -The specific programs and options available to any given
employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as
geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of
collective bargaining agreements.Please note that the salary
information is a general guideline only. - Salaries are based upon
candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and
business considerations. - - Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental
disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Seattle , Portable Tool Repairperson - 89907, Professions , Fox Island, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...