Company: Evergreen Goodwill of Northwest Washington
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Job Title: Transportation Supervisor About the Position The
Transportation Supervisor provides operational support to the
Transportation Department. Supervises day-to-day operations to
ensure driver performance and internal/external customer
satisfaction with a focus on safety, reliability and productivity
to meet or exceed goals. This position includes responsibility for
Dispatch and Route coordination of Seattle Goodwill box trucks,
tractor/trailer teams as well as maintenance of operational reports
for each area. Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the
following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Manage to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of
- Adhere to Seattle Goodwill and DOT and FMCSA rules and
regulations. Assist with ensuring DOT compliance.
- Use GPS transportation software effectively.
- Demonstrate safe work practices through awareness and
observation in support of a safety culture; reports any potential
hazards or accidents.
- Schedule drivers (CDL Class A, B and non-CDL drivers) and
dispatchers to meet the needs of the business by coordinating daily
route schedules, assigning tasks, vehicles used, etc.
- Verify and maintain Transportation attendance records. Prepare
bi-weekly payroll for Transportation staff.
- Ensures standards for quality services are met, conducts
quality assurance checks, and develops strategies for
- Coordinate security measures including keys, codes and
combinations with Loss Prevention.
- Build and maintain internal and external customer
- Maintain accurate and timely transportation, store and trailer
- Using excellent customer service skills establishes and
maintains effective working relationships with internal and
- Upholds safe work practices in support of a safety culture
through awareness and observation; train and educate employees of
safety requirements; reports any potential hazards or
- Other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries
out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Goodwill's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning
and directing work; monitoring performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving
problems. Partner with People Relations as needed and appropriate.
Position Requirements (Qualifications for the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act) To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent; prefer Associates or
Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a Supervisor of CDL (Class A and
B) Drivers and Transportation Dispatchers.
- DOT and FMCSA knowledge.
- Understanding of Commercial Drivers Licensing.
- Specific Skills/Knowledge/Licenses: Current Washington State
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience
working with Transportation software preferred.
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties
and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough
completion of work activities.
- Possess ability to concentrate and deal with frequent
- Ability to speak, write, and understand English fluently.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations:
- Current Washington State Driver's License required and proof of
- CDL Driver's License preferred. Computer/Technology Skills:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and Teams.
Experience working with Transportation software preferred.
- Ability to learn new technology and software as related to the
job. Physical Abilities While performing the duties of this job,
the employee will be required sit for long periods of time,
communicate with other employees by talking and hearing, required
to lift and carry items weighing up to 30-40 pounds and to operate
computer systems. Specific vision abilities required by the job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Able to
communicate with others effectively both verbally and written,
including those who have limited English skills. Maintain reliable
attendance. Essential Mental/Sensory Abilities:
- Organizing, sorting, categorizing, counting, adding,
- Problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Attention to detail
- Time management and multi-tasking
- Leadership and coaching skills Work Environment: Indoor/outdoor
working environment, temperature varies, exposure to dust. Ability
to work flexible hours, including some weekends.
Keywords: Evergreen Goodwill of Northwest Washington, Seattle , Transportation Supervisor, Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!