Print Production Specialist
Company: Smartdept. inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2023
smartdept. inc. is searching for a Print Production Specialist
for a Toy and Gameclient in Seattle, Washington. The ideal
candidate will have a high-level understanding of prepress and
print production processes, meticulous file management skills, and
a good sense of color. This is a hybrid,
contract-to-hireopportunity. The pay for this position is expected
to be $30/hr - $50/hr depending on experience level. We are looking
for a hardworking Print Production and Quality Assurance Specialist
with the creative ability to build and finalize files, coupled with
an obsession for making sure all elements are completed beautifully
and accurately. You will also be part of the internal proofing
process to ensure file accuracy. This role works closely with our
suppliers and the Technical Product Development team to develop
products that exceed our vision and business needs. What You'll
- Create print production-ready files for cards, packaging, and
other assets, based on files developed by the Senior
Graphic Designer and supply those to vendors.
- Review and approve proofs and materials from suppliers to
verify content, placement, and color meet identified
quality expectations. This could be via web portal or physical
proof/prototype. Ensure appropriate collaborators
are involved as needed.
- Perform thorough quality control checks on digital files,
including verifying file integrity, color accuracy, and image
resolution, to ensure optimal output and printability.
- Perform color manipulations, art/text manipulation, and
printer-specific color corrections, as needed.
- Actively participate in product development meetings and
discussions to determine the best ways to build or test
new components, problem-solve challenges in development or vendor
management, and continue to improve the
- Check print-ready files for cards and packaging for any print
production or content deviations from expectation.
- Collaborate with the product development teams and graphic
designers to resolve any issues or discrepancies
identified during the quality control process.
- The successful candidate will proof both English and localized
files, but only English language proficiency is
- Help create detailed product specifications to ensure clarity
- Monitor and track print production workflow to ensure deadlines
are met and production processes run smoothly.
- Continually help the team build, test, and improve our workflow
and color management procedures, and
review/approval process procedures.
- Track and archive final native files.
- Must be able to attend local and out-of-state press checks.
What You'll Need:
- Highly proficient in InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, and
- 2+ years of prepress, print design, or print-production
- 2+ years working on trading cards or collectible cards.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of graphic design,
packaging, and page layout.
- Experience working in print, working with dielines, packaging
build files, overprinting, and setting up press-ready
- Experience with complex printing techniques such as white
underprints, spot foils, etc.
- Exceptional eye for detail and color perception
- Color Management and Press check experience.
- Expert in print production standards.
- Passionate problem-solver dedicated to bringing amazing
products to life through creative solutions.
- Detail-oriented and can self-manage the moving parts of an
evolving creative pipeline.
- Effective at multi-tasking, meeting tight deadlines, and strong
- Independent, efficient, and proactive with a strong
- Strong collaborator who actively shares knowledge and
communicates effectively at all levels, both internally and
- Familiar and comfortable using Excel-type formulas to
manipulate text, including concatenation and nested
IF/THEN statements (bonus)
- Knowledge of card automation, such as data merging or
Keywords: Smartdept. inc., Seattle , Print Production Specialist, Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!