Posted on: September 21, 2023
Tuesday, September 12, 2023 About Goodwill We believe in the
potential of individuals to make positive changes in their lives.
We believe that education and training empower people to make those
changes. Our vision for the communities we serve is that each
person is able to choose rewarding employment, financial security
and the experience of educational achievement. We are committed to
creating and sustaining a culture of diversity, equity and
inclusion (DEI). We embrace our employees' differences and
acknowledge and support our collective responsibility. If you need
any assistance in applying please contact
PeopleRelataions@evergreengoodwill.org for any assistance or
accommodation requests. Job Title: Transportation Supervisor About
the Position The Transportation Supervisor provides operational
support to the Transportation Department. Supervises day-to-day
operations to ensure driver performance and internal/external
customer satisfaction with a focus on safety, reliability and
productivity to meet or exceed goals. This position includes
responsibility for Dispatch and Route coordination of Seattle
Goodwill box trucks, tractor/trailer teams as well as maintenance
of operational reports for each area. Essential Functions and
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any
time with or without notice.
- Manage to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of
- Adhere to Seattle Goodwill and DOT and FMCSA rules and
regulations. Assist with ensuring DOT compliance.
- Use GPS transportation software effectively.
- Demonstrate safe work practices through awareness and
observation in support of a safety culture; reports any potential
hazards or accidents.
- Schedule drivers (CDL Class A, B and non-CDL drivers) and
dispatchers to meet the needs of the business by coordinating daily
route schedules, assigning tasks, vehicles used, etc.
- Verify and maintain Transportation attendance records. Prepare
bi-weekly payroll for Transportation staff.
- Ensures standards for quality services are met, conducts
quality assurance checks, and develops strategies for
- Coordinate security measures including keys, codes and
combinations with Loss Prevention.
- Build and maintain internal and external customer
- Maintain accurate and timely transportation, store and trailer
- Using excellent customer service skills establishes and
maintains effective working relationships with internal and
- Upholds safe work practices in support of a safety culture
through awareness and observation; train and educate employees of
safety requirements; reports any potential hazards or
- Other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities :
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with
Goodwill's policies and applicable laws.Responsibilities include
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning
and directing work; monitoring performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving
problems. Partner with People Relations as needed and appropriate.
Position Requirements (Qualifications for the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act) To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent; prefer Associates or
Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a Supervisor of CDL (Class A and
B) Drivers and Transportation Dispatchers.
- DOT and FMCSA knowledge.
- Understanding of Commercial Drivers Licensing.
- Specific Skills/Knowledge/Licenses: Current Washington State
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience
working with Transportation software preferred.
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties
and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough
completion of work activities.
- Possess ability to concentrate and deal with frequent
- Ability to speak, write, and understand English fluently.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations:
- Current Washington State Driver's License required and proof of
- CDL Driver's License preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and Teams.
Experience working with Transportation software preferred.
- Ability to learn new technology and software as related to the
job. Physical Abilities While performing the duties of this job,
the employee will be required sit for long periods of time,
communicate with other employees by talking and hearing, required
to lift and carry items weighing up to 30-40 pounds and to operate
computer systems. Specific vision abilities required by the job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Able to
communicate with others effectively both verbally and written,
including those who have limited English skills. Maintain reliable
attendance. Essential Mental/Sensory Abilities :
- Problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Time management and multi-tasking
- Leadership and coaching skills Work Environment: Indoor/outdoor
working environment, temperature varies, exposure to dust. Ability
to work flexible hours, including some weekends.
- 20% employee shopping discount at all retail and outlet
- Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental and vision for
full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
- Vacation pay - based on job role and tenure
- Sick time pay - based on accruals and Seattle Paid Sick/Safe
- 9 paid holidays per year (includes floating holidays)
- Voluntary insurance plans for full-time employees who work 30
hours or more per week
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) full-time employees who work 30
hours or more per week
- Basic AD&D and Basic Life Insurance for full-time employees
who work 30 hours or more per week
- Long Term Disability insurance for exempt (salaried full-time
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - free and confidential
- Employee loan program - for critical needs such as rent, e
lectric bill, etc.
- Educational loan program
- Some job roles are eligible for bonuses
- Jury duty and bereavement pay
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
time. Goodwill believes that each employee makes a significant
contribution to our success. That contribution should not be
limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description
is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job
scope, but not limit our employees nor Goodwill to just the work
identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer
their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the
success of the Goodwill.
- Admin Building, 700 Dearborn Place S, Seattle, Washington,
United States of America
Keywords: Goodwill, Seattle , Transportation Supervisor, Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!