SeattleRecruiter Since 2001
the smart solution for Seattle jobs

Electronics Technician

Company: Orion Talent
Location: Seattle
Posted on: April 2, 2024

Job Description:

Position Details:
Title: Electronics Technician
Location: Seattle, WA
Shift: 1st Shift Monday - Friday (7am-4pm)
Compensation: $34-$38/hour + OT + Per Diem when traveling
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision insurance / 401(K) / Holidays + PTO
Travel: This position is traveling 30% of the time with the remaining 70% being spent in the local Seattle area. On average you'll be gone 4-5 nights/month. There is a once a year maintenance trip to Dutch Harbor, AK lasting 6 weeks. Travel will include both domestic and international.

Position Description:
The Marine Electronics Technician is responsible for performing repairs, installations, and maintenance of equipment onboard commercial vessels. Systems will include MF, HF, and VHF communications, radar systems, navigation systems, and others.

Perform repairs, installations, and maintenance of MF, HF, and VHF radios, radars, satellite communications, shipboard networks and computers, along with navigation and safety systems on commercial vessels
Utilize test equipment as required (multimeter, watt meter, etc.)
Use and operate hand and power tools.
Utilize technical publications and schematics/engineer drawings for troubleshooting
Provide customer facing service for clients as needed


Requirements:

2-3 years of experience as a field technician working on electronic equipment on commercial vessels or similar experience (for non-military candidates)
3+ years' experience as a military electronics technician working on communications or related systems
Able to receive a TWIC card within 2 months of hire. Able to qualify for Military base access
Technical knowledge of two-way radio, microwave, and satellite communications (preferred).
Know how to use an RFI, Watt meter, Spectrum analyzer, and other test equipment (preferred)
Must have clean driving record, valid driver license and be insurable.
Good to have:

FCC GMDSS Radio Operator License (or able to obtain within a month of starting)
Personal Characteristics: problem solving, strategic thinking, confidential and ethical, results driven, customer focus, and a team player

Keywords: Orion Talent, Seattle , Electronics Technician, Professions , Seattle, Washington

Click here to apply!

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!

I'm looking for
in category
within


Log In or Create An Account

Get the latest Washington jobs by following @recnetWA on Twitter!

Seattle RSS job feeds