Posted on: March 14, 2018
Do you have a strong background in HPC on Windows and Linux? Do you have experience working with both the hardware and applications that drive HPC workloads? Do you want to be at the forefront of making Microsoft Azure the best cloud platform for Linux and Windows apps?? If you think you meet that bill, are a strong HPC architect and can easily manage a room of enterprise architects then we would like to speak with you.
We, (Azure Customer Advisory Team), Azure CAT have a great opportunity for you. Microsoft Azure is a strategic priority and focus of Microsoft's Cloud strategy.
Azure CAT team is part of Azure Engineering and focuses on in-bound product feedback born from hands-on customer engagements. The Azure CAT team is expanding its Solution Architecture team and is looking for application architects with a strong background on HPC Applications. Azure CAT works closely with customers on some of the largest and most interesting development projects for Microsoft. From these engagements, the team extracts patterns, issues and requirements that help drive positive change in our platform. This is a great opportunity to have direct impact on Microsoft's Big Computing cloud offerings as well as our broader platform strategy. In this role, you will be a solution architect, leading engagements and projects.
You will be working across the entire portfolio of core Azure and will have license to leverage technologies from the broader community regardless of language or platform. This is your opportunity to be part of a small but growing team that is making a huge impact to Microsoft's cloud computing platform. Region: USA. No preference on location. International and Local travel would be 35% and require ability to work remote.
Primary Responsibilities :
1.Work with key strategic customers to successfully onboard them on Azure platform.
2.Drive improvements and features in the platform to help adoption and accelerate platform evolution.
3.Identify broad adoption blockers and inhibitors and execute a plan to remove them.
4.Identify industry trends and new solutions in the broader community that are applicable to our domain.
5.Quickly ramp on new products and features that may not have been released yet.
Typical Characteristics and Traits:
1.Azure CAT resources can learn and adapt quickly to assist in applying technology to solve business problems as they relate to the customer's businesses and the industries they operate in. The appropriate selection of technology and architecture is often influenced by the business demographics and competitive landscape.
2.They also share a common set of characteristics that drive innovation and value for engineering and our customers' situational awareness to adapt and solve the most complex and sophisticated challenges from a business and technology perspective.
3.Ability to balance strategic thinking with pragmatic design and delivery
4.Empathy, curiosity, desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for impact.
5.Ability to operate effectively in highly ambiguous environments.
- 5+ years' experience in High Performance Computing (HPC) using Abaqus OR Ansys OR Fluent OR StarCCM OR WRF OR Quantum Expresso OR LINPACK OR Genomics
- HPC projects, preferably with a mix of customer facing delivering solution architecture; technical lead; or developer roles.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, AWS, Rackspace, & GCE is highly desired.
- Strong track record of delivering services and/or shipping products.
- Undergrad degree in Computer Science.
- Experience with critical HPC applications like Abaqus, Ansys, Fluent, StarCCM, WRF, Quantum Expresso, LINPACK, Genomics, etc.
- Parametric design an optimization of HPC workloads.
- End to end HPC workload - CAD to Post processing for auto, aero, manufacturing, and research workloads.
- Experience with performance benchmarks of HPC applications and workloads. 6. Remote Visualization of Results.
- Experience Cloud Bursting from on-premises HPC clusters to remote HPC resources (cloud).
- Clustering and running large scale parallel across multiple nodes using.
- Demonstrate ability to engage with customers and partners to understand their business needs and priorities.
- Strong project management and execution skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to **********************.
Keywords: Microsoft, Seattle, HPC Architect, Professions, Redmond, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!