Floating Member Consultant I - South Seattle & Auburn
Company: Verity Credit Union
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Job DetailsJob Location South Region Branches - Auburn, Beacon Hill, West Seattle - Seattle, WAPosition Type Full-TimeEducation Level High School Diploma or EquivalentSalary Range $16.00 - $17.94 Base+Commission/monthTravel Percentage Requires Travel Between BranchesJob Shift DayJob Category BankingDescription We are hiring for a full-time Floating Member Consultant I to work at our branches in SouthSeattle and Auburn. This position enhances our members' lives by creating trusted relationships and bringing our experience standards to life in every interaction by making it easy to do business, resolving issues emotionally and operationally, and valuing our members' time. Member Consultant Is handle all in-branch banking transactions and member service requests, open secondary deposit accounts and non-real estate consumer loans, educate members on alternate ways to transact on their accounts, and cross-sell additional products and services that benefit members. Ideal candidates for this position are agile and service focused, thrive in a dynamic team environment, interactively communicate, pay attention to detail, and problem solve effectively. (At some financial institutions, this type of position is called a senior teller, universal associate, or a service representative.)
Who We Are. . .
Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth---and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one.
We take pride in our work. Our mission and vision guide our daily activities, and we need motivated individuals to lead our success. Verity is committed to being a top employer in Washington. We are honored to be a National 101 Best & Brightest Company for the third year in a row and one of Seattle Business Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" over the years.
We Believe. . .
- Trust is earned each day.
- Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
- People come first, before the bottom line.
- Community engagement propels us forward.
- Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Adhere to the Verity Experience Process in every member interaction.
- Listen to the member and understand their goals. Identifying ways to cross sell Verity's products and services.
- Capture relevant information and input it into our CRM system.
- Value our members' time by accurately and efficiently processing transactions including wires, payments, and IRA distributions.
- Resolve member issues; emotionally and operationally, while adhering to Verity's policies and procedures.
- Originate, process, and fund consumer loans including credit cards, lines of credit, and auto loans.
- Originate deposit accounts including checking, savings, money market, and certificates of deposit.
- Collaborate with your team to achieve sales, service and community goals.
- Provide flexible and reliable coverage to assigned branches.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications Experience and Education
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required, higher education is a plus.
- Customer service and/or retail experience is strongly preferred.
- Cash handling experience is preferred.
- Experience in a financial institution is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills
- Ability to perform minor mathematical calculations and collect and analyze data
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines
- Problem-solving skills
Verity Credit Union is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with diverse membership and staff
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment
- Ability to visually recognize and verify funds for endorsements and negotiability
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is "at will", meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the "at will" policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.
Keywords: Verity Credit Union, Seattle , Floating Member Consultant I - South Seattle & Auburn, Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!