Logistics Coordinator - Lynnwood, Washington
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Located in the U.S. and a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime, Hydroid
is the world's most trusted manufacturer of advanced Autonomous
Underwater Vehicles (AUVs). Our marine robotics systems provide
innovative and reliable full-picture solutions for the marine
research, defense, hydrographic and offshore/energy markets. Our
products represent the most advanced, diversified and field-proven
family of AUVs and AUV support systems in the world.
Hydroid employees are passionate about their work and strive to
produce top-quality products and service. All products are designed
and manufactured at the Hydroid facilities in Pocasset, MA.
Performs all aspects of shipping, receiving, receiving inspection,
warehousing and material handling
- Receive and check incoming shipments for discrepancies and
damages and report problems promptly by following the
receiving/incoming inspection SOP.
- Enter receipt of incoming shipments into the Deltek system
while verifying Hydroid PO information matches vendor packing list
- Use PO and system information to determine the next destination
for parts received. Next destination could be an MO, QC Inspection,
stockroom location, etc.
- Log and photograph all incoming repairs. Maintain files
containing photos and shipping documentation on incoming RMA's for
technicians and customer service.
- Alert the Director of Compliance to any notifications/receipts
of imports which are ITAR related.
- Store materials and supplies within the warehouse in a neat and
organized manner while safely performing physical tasks such as
lifting, carrying and stacking by hand or safely using material
- Prepare items for domestic/international shipment according to
information provided on shipping authorizations/customer orders.
Retrieve items from the warehouse, package, weigh and prepare
shipment paperwork and labels for each order. Create shipping
authorizations when necessary (such as non-sales order
- Create all necessary shipping documentation, required for
lawful transport, such as Hazardous Materials documents, Commercial
Invoices, Shippers Letter of Instructions (SLI), Bill of Lading,
- Work closely with the Director of Compliance, Export, Security
and Licensing to insure all ECCN codes are correct and licensing
requirements are met for each international shipment.
- Sign for incoming deliveries, load and unload delivery
trailers/trucks by hand or with material handling equipment as
- Perform clerical and physical tasks in connection with shipping
goods and receiving incoming shipments.
- Be responsible for all incoming and outgoing materials as well
as documentation and inventory of all materials.
- Be responsible for inventory accuracy, including performance of
the cycle count program.
- Maintain and report shipping and receiving documentation in a
neat and orderly manner.
- Maintain the warehouse and shipping area in a clean and orderly
- Inspect machined parts to ensure compliance with drawings and
- Enter defect information into ERP system.
- Interpret mechanical drawings and use precision tools
(micrometers, calipers, dial and pin gauges) to ensure incoming
parts are in compliance.
- Provide continuous superior customer service.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 3 or
more years of experience shipping and receiving Hazmat, domestic
and international freight, including working directly with freight
forwarders is required.
- Experience performing visual, mechanical and electrical
receiving inspection required.
- Experience working with ERP/MRP systems required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Internet
- Knowledge of Deltek ERP and plus.
- Experience in a Department of Defense (DOD) environment a
- The ideal candidate is an individual that can work in a
fast-paced environment; with a high attention to detail, excellent
problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task and enthusiastic
A condition of this position will require the successful Applicant
to pass a government security investigation and must subsequently
receive authorization to access US Department of Defense Controlled
Unclassified Information ("CUI") and potentially classified
We offer a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits
package including 75% company paid medical and dental insurance.
The company also offers paid Life, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement
and 401K with company match, and more.
Hydroid is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/AA/M/F/V/D Employer and
is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified
individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need
assistance with the application process as a result of your
disability please call 1-508-563-6565 or mail your request to 1
Henry Drive, Pocasset, MA 02559, Attn: Employment Application
Don't forget to check us out here!
Keywords: Hydroid, Seattle , Logistics Coordinator - Lynnwood, Washington, Professions , Lynnwood, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!