Employee Development Consultant
Company: McKinstry Company
Posted on: November 11, 2019
At McKinstry, we re proud to be a collective group of innovators
and problem solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students.
We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that
empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering
and construction are revolutionizing the built environment and if
you re driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful
relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may
be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the
ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience
are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true
consultative partnership are what you will help us provide for our
clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this,
we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here\'s where you come in:
We re a people-first company, and we re looking for someone who s
interested in empowering people to be even more effective. You re
passionate about people, culture, and business results. You ll join
a high performing team and consult with our leaders to design and
deliver solutions that align with our business needs and are in
tune with our values.
You\'re great at:
* Building relationships, collaborating with internal customers and
learning about our business.
* Consulting and listening deeply, and can translate that
understanding into needs and gaps to inform learning solutions.
* Starting with the customers needs and working forwards to design
and develop learning experiences
* Building effective learning experiences and facilitating
in-person training and blended learning
* Working collaboratively and contributing to a high-performing,
awesome work culture
Responsibilities Associated With The Position Include:
* Deliver performance and development programs to support corporate
values, growth initiatives, and reinforce role competencies.
* Work with the curriculum design team to develop blended,
classroom-based, virtual facilitation, and eLearning programs.
* Facilitate leadership and employee training courses, gathers
participant feedback, assist employees in creating development
plans, and provide development coaching.
* Develop collaborative relationships with HR Business Partners,
key business leaders, subject matter experts and other Employee
Development team members to identify performance improvement
opportunities, close knowledge or performance gaps, and gather
source content for a learning curriculum.
* Assist employees and managers in assessing their performance and
learning and development needs; recommending solutions, arranging
for training sessions or developing customized training and team
development sessions as needed; following-up to assess the
effectiveness of the recommended programs.
* Work cross-functionally to develop performance and development
solutions that improve business results through increased
retention, improved engagement, and developing high-performing
* Apply decision-making skills, creativity, and expertise in
learning theory to the co-development and implementation efforts
that support McKinstry s People Development strategy.
* Work closely with the Human Resources Business Partners to
support various Organizational Effectiveness (OE) programs and
organizational change initiatives.
What we would like to see from you (requirements):
* Five (5) years corporate training, curriculum design, and
* Three (3) years experience in designing and/or delivering
* Equivalent work experience or Bachelor s Degree in Adult
Education, Human Resources, or Business Management
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, SharePoint
* Business acumen - a working knowledge and understanding of
* Theoretical foundation - working knowledge of the theories and
principles of learning and development
* Ability to apply working knowledge of team development principles
and facilitation tools and techniques
* Quick to develop strong and trusting relationships with internal
* Solid analysis and decision-making skills
* Project management skills to oversee and effectively deliver on
projects and commitments to internal clients
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, technical environment
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication
And even better if you bring this to the table (preferences):
* A solid work ethic coupled with a balanced mindset approach
towards work and a sense of humor
* An appreciation of the craftsmanship behind learning and
development, and its relationship with culture and business
* Stays abreast of talent management industry, trends, and
innovations in learning
* Specialized knowledge of performance management, change
management and other group process with experience in aligning
learning solutions to business needs and organizational
* Experience using HR Information Systems and/or Learning
Management Systems (LMS)
* You re certified in specific programs such as MBTI, Situational
* Understanding of Organizational Development theory and practice
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital
status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other
basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment,
advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through
recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all
backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that
it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been
the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity
is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as
a social responsibility and as an economic and business
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon
successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test,
complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and
Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to
successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment
Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human
Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
* Back Share
Keywords: McKinstry Company, Seattle , Employee Development Consultant, Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!