Audience Services Representative
Company: Seattle Opera
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionAUDIENCE SERVICES REPRESENTATIVESeattle Opera is
accepting applications for part-time (non-exempt, seasonal through
May 2023) and full-time (non-exempt, year-round) Audience Services
Representatives. These hourly positions report to the Audience
Services Manager. BASIC FUNCTION This position is responsible for
providing excellent service to a diverse audience through ticketing
transactions and general information dissemination by phone,
online, and in person. Work includes occasional nights and weekends
at Seattle Opera performances.REPRESENTATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK
- This position acts as the first point of contact for many of
Seattle Opera's patrons and is expected to provide excellent
service at all times.
- Provide information and personalized assistance to customers by
phone, mail, chat, email, and in person. This includes single and
subscription ticket sales, exchanges, refunds, and customer service
- Communicate internally across departments to ensure a
consistent and quality experience among our patronage.
- Fulfill operational duties as assigned, including but not
limited to: packaging tickets, scanning documents, and general data
- During performance weeks, work occasional nights and weekends
as a Concierge, Hall Ambassador or Box Office Representative.
- Occasional assistance with BRAVO! & other Seattle Opera events,
which may have age requirements due to alcohol service.
- Other Audience Services duties as assigned.REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
& SKILLSData shows that women and BIPOC candidates more frequently
do not apply to a job because they don't feel that they meet all of
the qualifications listed. Our job descriptions are general
overviews, not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel
passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills
to contribute to the growth of our organization, we want to hear
- Must have strong interpersonal and customer service
- Strong computer skills are required, especially with Windows
- Must be able to work diplomatically with a variety of
individuals, both internally in the office and externally with the
- Must be comfortable communicating over the phone, leaving
voicemails, and troubleshooting other unique communication
- Strong written communication skills are required for patron
exchanges via email & online chats using proper grammar,
punctuation, and spelling.
- Must be a self-motivator and effective problem solver who is
able to maintain poise and professionalism under pressure.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds. BONUS SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 1 year customer service experience
- Knowledge of ticketing systems (particularly Tessitura)
- Knowledge about and passion for operaTYPICAL WORK SCHEDULE AND
REQUIRED ATTENDANCEMust be able to work a flexible schedule.
Ability to work dress rehearsal and performance nights/weekends as
well as daytime hours. This requires weekend daytime and evening
shifts during the production season.
- Audience Services is regularly open Monday through Friday, from
10 am to 6 pm, with additional hours on performance Saturdays.
- The Box Office opens two hours in advance of performances at
McCaw Hall, and one hour in advance of performances at other
- Part-time positions: approximately 20-24 hours per week, with
additional hours during performance season.
- Full-time positions: approximately 40 hours per week, with
possible additional hours during performance season.
- Overtime rates will be paid for any hours worked over 40 during
a week.REMOTE WORKTo qualify for remote work options, employee must
have worked for SO for one year and have completed at least 1,040
hours of work. Any remote work must be approved and scheduled in
advanced by the Audience Services Manager and Associate Director of
Marketing Sales and Services. SO will limit the total number of
Audience Services representatives working remote on one day, at the
discretion of the manager, to make sure there is coverage. There
cannot be more than two Audience Services representatives working
remotely at once. Permanent, regular remote work will not be
considered for this role. Seattle Opera will provide a laptop and
the equipment to run the softphone feature of the phone system. A
reliable and robust internet connection is required to run
Tessitura and the phone queue simultaneously without interruption.
The employee must provide and have access to high-speed internet
service at their remote workplace. We recommend at least 25Mbps per
person that is working from the same internet connection.Special
Requirements Physical This position requires moderately physical
work. Frequently needs to stage materials which includes lifting
boxes up to 15 pounds. COVID-19 Vaccination All employees must
provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, to include all
doses and booster shots.Background Check Seattle Opera engages a
third-party vendor to conduct background checks for all employees.
Offer of employment is contingent upon the candidate successfully
passing the background check. Any information unrelated to job
duties will not be evaluated or have an adverse impact on
employment.FLSA STATUS: These are non-exempt hourly positions and
are eligible for overtime.start date JULY 2022COMPENSATION$18.50
per hourBENEFITSSeattle Opera provides a generous benefits package
including: PART-TIME BENEFITS
- Sick time accrued on a prorated basis
- Vacation time accrued on a prorated basisFULL-TIME BENEFITS
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life, Accident and Disability Insurance
- Employee-funded 403(b) Savings Plan
- 2 weeks of vacation time per year (1st Year Accrual Rate)
- 13 paid holidays plus 3 personal days per year
- 12 days of sick time per year
- Fully Funded Orca Business Passport card, or 50% funded,
special rate parking passEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYSeattle Opera
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal access and
opportunity to anyone who qualifies, regardless of sex, race, age,
color, religion, mental or physical disability, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression and/or military
status. Seattle Opera is committed to racial equity and to
dismantling historic barriers of oppression.Learn more about our
commitment to equity: Seattle Opera Equity Plan
applicationApplications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.Powered
Keywords: Seattle Opera, Seattle , Audience Services Representative, Sales , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!