Front Desk Agent
Company: Kimpton Hotels & Resturants
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Front Desk Agent - $20.00/hour+BenefitsFull-Time or Part-Time
Palladian Hotel (Kimpton Hotels) Downtown Seattle Opening July 1st.
Come join us for our opening TEAM!We Offer:
- Affordable medical/dental/vision plans ($100/month family
plans!) (Blue Shield/Kaiser)
- Matched 401k
- Bus/parking/commuter discounts
- Sick, Vacation, Holiday time off
- Employee rate hotel + restaurant discounts in all of Kimpton +
- Work perks website discounts
- Free daily family meals
- Backup childcare
- Cell phone discounts (Att&T/Verizon)
- Tuition reimbursement ($1,000/year)
- Free mental health therapyBest Place to Work culture
recognition on Fortune Magazine, inclusive culture and supportive
of women, BLM, LGBTQ+ community, commitment to internal promotions
& development.Why We're HereWe believe heartfelt, human connections
make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.Our
founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic
hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new
boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect,
from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose
today.Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives
of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make
that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can
improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same
in return. It all starts with you.How We're DifferentOur San
Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick
started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.It
all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your
diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality -
is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when
people can be themselves at work, they shine.That's what we seek
out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for
creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told
what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion
for making others' lives better.It adds up to a work environment
that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering,
and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.What
You'll DoThe Guest Service Agent is responsible for registration
and check-out, PBX operations, mail and message service all the
while providing outstanding service to our guests along the way.
You'll act as an advocate for the hotel, be a creator of
ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with
guests that will compel them to return.Some of your
- Review arrivals noting special requests, blocking rooms as
- Check in and out hotel guests in a confident, professional and
- Answer all phone calls promptly and knowledgeably, always
ensuring complete and accurate information.
- Complete all items on appropriate (AM, PM, Overnight) checklist
by end of shift.
- Conduct pre-assignment of hotel rooms, which includes VIPS,
repeat guests, all packages, and any special requests.
- Follow established key control policy.
- Ensure proper credit policies are followed.
- Submit all lost & found articles accompanied by a completed
lost & found report.
- Open, secure, and balance out daily shift bank which involves
counting and verifying cash, check, and credit card transactions
occurring while on duty.
- Verify credit limit report.
- Monitor room availability throughout the day.
- Review daily the selling status of the hotel using yield
- Attend department meeting once a month.
- Communicate by telephone and/or radio with other departments:
Reservations, Sales, Housekeeping, Bell Staff, and Valet.What You
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Previous experience in a Front Desk or customer-facing role is
- Knowledgeable of immediate area, services, attractions, and
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends and
- Work well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and
departures within a short period of time.
- Familiar with hotel systems and operations, and the ability to
enter in information accurately.Differences make a difference. We
are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of
our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we
encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and
celebrate differences among people. That includes different
personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience.
We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages,
religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender
identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.Be
Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Keywords: Kimpton Hotels & Resturants, Seattle , Front Desk Agent, Sales , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!