Event Sales Manager - Venue Bookings
Company: Seattle Mariners
Posted on: May 26, 2023
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title:Event Sales Manager - Venue
BookingsDepartment:Event SalesReports To:Senior Director, Venue
Strategy & EventsStatus:Full-Time, ExemptPrimary
Objective:Responsible for generating new event sales revenue and
growing existing accounts through proactive sales of the ballpark
and other Mariners owned and operated facilities. Collaborate with
Ballpark Operations and other departments to ensure a seamless
guest experience that aligns with the Club's Mission, Purpose and
Core Values.Essential Functions:
- Proactively prospect and develop new strategic business
partnerships to drive profitable, long-term revenue growth.
- Develop strong relationships with existing accounts and
demonstrate an ability to grow assigned accounts.
- Consistently meet and exceed all assigned sales objectives,
including new revenue and retention goals.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with internal
departments to develop and executemeaningful activations that
deliver on customer objectives and positively impact
- Serve as primary contact for customers,managing all aspects of
the sales and service process including:event quotes, contract and
invoice preparation and processing, transitioningto event-day
Operations team, and attending Events to ensure the highest quality
- Build and maintain a pipeline of opportunities, maintaining
accurate records and detailed sales activities in CRM/event sales
- Develop strong relationships with vendors to understand
products, pricing and operational impact.
- Create, present and negotiate customized sales proposals to
deliver results for customers and maximize revenue and
- Keep abreast of trends and activities in the marketplace,
attend Trade Shows and Events,and make innovative recommendations
for new customer markets.
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional
manner at all times.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, or
other related field required. Equivalent relevant experience may be
considered in lieu of formal education if approved by management.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in large-scale event
sales with proven record of developing new business and exceeding
sales revenue goals. Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Shares and expresses thoughts in a clear and effective manner
through verbal and written communication skills. Exhibits effective
listening skills and builds positive relationships with all team
members, vendors, and guests. Is diplomatic, tactful and
professional in all forms of communication.
- Takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way
that positively and professionally represents the
- Demonstrates through their actions and interactions with others
a commitment to Mariner Purpose, Mission and Values.
- Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Completes work
assignments thoroughly and completely in an accurate, and prompt.
Identifies and corrects errors. Is careful, alert and accurate,
paying attention to details of the job.Strong attention to detail
- Initiate and maintain actions to attain goals, regularly
- Approaches change positively and leads others through the
change process with a focus on the positive outcomes for the
- Know when to make a unilateral decision and when to consult
with the team or superiors, and how to involve them in the
- Navigate a variety of social, emotional, and interpersonal
situations to leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all
- Thinks globally and analytically in order to reach appropriate
solutions and create positive results for the organization.
- Identify, collect, and analyze relevant information to a
problem and create multiple solutions
- Independently takes actions that creates a positive outcome for
the organization and/or an exceptional experience for guests.
- Recognize the complexity of business needs in today's
environment, evolve as needed, and utilize talent to lead this
- Handles sensitive and/or confidential information
professionally, involving only those who need to be involved or
- Proficient in computer programs and software necessary for the
position including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc),
Reserve, Smartsheet, and CRM. Physical Activities & Working
- Must be flexible to meet business and client needs including
working evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Some travel required (5-10%)The Mariners are committed to
providing a competitive total rewards package for our valued Team
Members. The anticipated range of base compensation for this role
is $70,00 to $80,000 annually. In addition, we offer eligible Team
Members a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,
vision, life insurance and a competitive 401(k) company match. We
also provide complimentary parking, paid public transportation,
paid parental leave, 80 hours of paid time off annually, and 9 days
of paid holidays per year. Our total rewards offerings are
best-in-class! All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements
and the terms of official plan documents which may be modified or
amended from time to time.This information is being provided in
accordance with the Washington State Equal Pay and Opportunity
Keywords: Seattle Mariners, Seattle , Event Sales Manager - Venue Bookings, Sales , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...