Lead Sales Operations Consultant
Posted on: February 15, 2018
CenturyLink (NYSE:CTL) is a premier network solutions provider and trusted partner to our customers. As part of our recent acquisition of Level 3 Communications, our portfolio has expanded. More customers. More network. More locations. More opportunities for you. With a global presence in 60 countries, service to more than 350 metro areas domestically, and more than 200,000 miles of fiber; CenturyLink is going places. At CenturyLink, we believe in growth and innovation, for our customers and our employees. Discover how CenturyLink can expand your potential and take your career to new places if you're looking to join a company that celebrates diversity and creativity, with industry-leading benefits and commitment to employee advancement. We're committed to bringing great talent to our team to help us change the world. One network connection at a time.
We are in the process of filling open positions for the combined company following CenturyLink's acquisition of Level 3 Communications. All qualified candidates who express interest by submitting an application to an open posting will be considered. However, based on business needs, preference may be given to internal applicants on certain positions. We still welcome, and encourage, all application submissions while we continue our integration process. Internal applicants are current, active CenturyLink employees, including Level 3 employees who have transitioned to CenturyLink as part of the acquisition.
The Lead Sales Operations Consultant works in the Local Government, Medium, and Small Business, Digital Sales Segment, and is responsible for the Sales Operations processes that support this segment, fundamentally housed in SalesForce.com--. The goal is to enable positive customer-centric sales outcomes across the Digital ecosystem. This is a new sales segment, and the ideal candidate is motivated to help build a best-in-class Digital Sales environment. It is important that the candidate understand how to collaborate and communicate effectively across levels and departments, providing value-based solutions that address both technical and strategic issues.
- Works with SalesForce.com reporting and dashboards, and understands revenue data, sales funnel, and opportunities.
- Serves as a liaison for the new hire during the on boarding process.
- Makes recommendations to enhance productivity, sales revenue and collaboration between human resources, operations, sales, marketing, product and finance.
- Guides others in problem solving.
- Ensures sales operations policies/practices are reviewed/revised as technology and business conditions change.
- Develops/delivers training to sales force and other sales-facing tools.
- Creates very complex reports and account analysis.
- Performs other duties as needed in support of the sales organization.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of applications: Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- 5 years experience in the telecommunications industry
- 3 years program, project or process management experience
- Track record of success building positive working relationships across the enterprise.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to manage time, meet deadlines and develop solutions to business problems.
- Significant experience working in a matrix environment where cross-functional teams are commonplace and successful project completion involves collaboration and coordination across many departments.
- Ability to lead by example, develop and implement a strategy and hold associates accountable for performance.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in managing projects with end-to-end process and business impact.
- Proven ability to anticipate work assignments.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skill as well as negotiation, coordination, facilitation, and conflict management skills.
- Programming experience in any language, SQL or Perl a plus.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-California-San Francisco; US-California-San Jose; US-California-Santa Clara; US-California-Walnut Creek; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Louisiana-Monroe; US-Missouri-Town And Country; US-Texas-Austin; US-Washington-Seattle
Requisition # : 165419
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Telecom, Telecommunications, Sales Operations, Operations, Technology, Sales
Keywords: CenturyLink, Seattle, Lead Sales Operations Consultant, Sales, Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!