Company: PitchBook Data, Inc.
Posted on: September 15, 2018
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry's leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it's something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook's Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
Customers are King! Each and every day the Customer Success Team works to ensure that are clients are maximizing the value they are receiving from PitchBook. Onboarding, training, support, business development and renewals are handled by the Customer Success team. We believe in doing whatever it takes to make our customers successful and the CS team drives that success every day.
PitchBook is looking for a Sales Engineer to join our Customer Success team and help accelerate our new and existing client growth. Clients of PitchBook include some of the most prominent and influential institutions and professional providers on Wall Street and the global financial marketplace.
- Directly support our Outside Sales, Customer Success, Customer Service teams to ensure the technical needs of new and existing clients are quickly fulfilled.
- Deliver peak levels of customer service at all times.
- Work closely with our Product, Technology, IT teams to learn and efficiently communicate how product features, functionality, processes and underlying technologies work.
- Work collaboratively with Product teams to share customer feedback and suggestions on what can be improved.
- Assist with exploration, technical sales, and implementation calls with prospects and clients, particularly as they relate to our customer-facing data feed and API offerings.
- Assist clients with installing and troubleshooting our PitchBook Excel plug-in and PitchBook Apps for CRMs such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, etc., including editing page layouts and assigning correct permissions.
- Passion for technology - and has a willingness to learn our complex SaaS-based product.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences of any size.
- Both social and technical with the ability to foster relationships with senior level executives.
- Has a strong desire and the ability to learn more about the PE, VC and M&A marketplace and understand why and how each of our diverse client types engages with our product and data.
- Experience working with customer-facing data feed and API solutions and implementation, particularly with RESTful APIs.
- Understanding of database concepts, including but not limited to relational tables, data types and normalization.
- Can explain, in simple terms, methods for fuzzy matching, name matching, record reconciliation
- Has at least 3-5 years of successful, professional work experience in either technical sales, marketing or business development.
- Must have at least a 4-year degree or equivalent experience.
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world's meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape-including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people-so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.
Note: To apply for this job, submit your application by clicking on the Apply Now button on this page
Keywords: PitchBook Data, Inc., Seattle , Sales Engineer, Sales , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!