Company: Puget Sound Energy
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top
talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award
winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and
innovative future is now.
PSE'sEngineering Operationsteam is looking for qualified candidates
to fill anopenSr Engineerposition!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position
will be discussed in further detail during the interview
Provides professional engineering service and support in the
planning, construction, operation, maintenance, and analysis of PSE
facilities and assets. Schedules and coordinates major segments of
complex projects to meet cost and time objectives. Reviews design
and documentation to ensure compliance with PSE expectations.
Interprets and applies existing guidelines and engineering
principles, practices, and theories toward the completion of
assignments involving a substantial degree of complexity, with many
interrelated elements requiring considerations not previously
encountered. Supports the continued development of PSE's
engineering workforce by sharing knowledge with others. Supports
emergency response operations when needed.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE's operating
and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes
and supports a culture of total safety.
This position may be subject to random DOT drug and/or alcohol
Demonstrates commitment to conduct business honestly, ethically and
consistent with our core values and Code of Conduct. Ensures duties
are performed in accordance with all regulatory compliance
- Creation of settings and I/O standards for electromechanical,
solid state and microprocessor-based protective relays controlling
- Protection coordination studies for transmission, distribution
and substation facilities
- Reviewing system events and verifying system model
- Conduct root-cause analysis of suspected misoperations
- Development of Transmission and Distribution automation
- Support of NERC and WECC reliability standards associated with
- Working with POTT, DTT, RAS and other special protection
- Support field crews and Relay Technicians during
- Providing detailed design review of internal or external
- Support research and development of new devices and relay
- Provide detailed design review of internal or external
- Interprets and/or modifies available guidelines for application
to existing problems or processes.
- Prepares complex designs, standards, studies and
- Provides a detailed design review of internal or external
- Prepares cost estimates and evaluations for project
alternatives with minimal supervision.
- Plans and develops project budgets with appropriate
- Ensures compliance with codes, standards, and design,
operation, and maintenance requirements.
- Identifies potential areas of weakness with assigned work, and
initiate corrective action.
- Documents and shares work with others to strengthen the depth
and breadth of skills within the department's engineering
- Ensures that problem solutions are tailored to PSE's business
- Supports emergency response work as requested including
immediate and extended restoration efforts driven by weather and
other system failures.
- May lead or coordinate the work of junior engineers,
engineering assistants, field technicians, and others who assist on
specific projects. (This includes contractor/consultants.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree or PE license in electrical,
mechanical, civil or other appropriate engineering field.
- Substantial experience in planning, design, specification
preparation, technical field work, project cost estimating and
scheduling (typically achieved after 8 or more years practice as a
degreed engineer). Years of acquired experience is provided as a
guide and alone does not constitute readiness for job level as
individual's skill acquisition rates can vary
- Demonstrated organization, documentation, prioritization, and
project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working in the utility industry.
- Familiar with codes and equipment utilized in the design and
operation of utility systems.
- Possession of a Professional Engineering license.
- Proficiency working in a range of distribution-focused
- Experience managing projects involving multiple groups or
- Knowledge of electrical power system relay testing principles
- Knowledge of electrical power control system
- Knowledge of substation IED integration architectures,
transmission and distribution system automation, SCADA
communications and Ethernet communications, including DNP, TCP/IP
and IEC 61850.
- Knowledge of electric utility industry standards/best
practices, leading edge technological developments and field
- Experience working with protection systems for transmission or
distribution substations and generator protection systems
- Experience with integration of Distributed Energy Resources
(DER) and inverter-based systems
- Knowledge of NERC and WECC compliance requirements for
reliability standards associated with Engineering and
- Experience with special protection schemes including
- Organization, documentation, prioritization and project
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them
opportunities to excel. We offer a competitive compensation and
The pay range for this position is$97,600.00 -$162,500.00, and this
position is eligible for annual goals based incentive bonuses.
PSE offers a suite of benefits to our employees. Employees are
eligible for medical, dental, vision, basic life, and short- and
long-term disability insurance. There are additional voluntary
options of supplemental life insurance, accidental death and
dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts for health care
and dependent daycare, and an Employee assistance program (EAP).
For long term savings, PSE offers a 401(k) investment option and a
cash balance retirement plan. Employees will also receive Paid Time
Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays throughout the calendar year.Detailed
benefit overviews can be found on our Career page - Why Work For Us
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they
need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving
Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy
started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future
through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs
and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them
opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that
includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive
bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement
pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment
opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status
or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable
accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential
functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local,
state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or
reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please
contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Keywords: Puget Sound Energy, Seattle , Sr Engineer, Engineering , Bothell, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!