Assistant Store Manager
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Join Our Community of Food People!The Assistant Store Manager
contributes to the overall financial performance of the store
including product merchandising/stocking, expense control, and
achievement of sales and profitability goals. Manages the
operations of the front end operations to ensure all purchases are
accurately recorded and that all front end employees are well
trained in shrink control and customer service. Works closely with
Store Manager to execute the Annual Operating Plan and associated
programs to deliver the desired sales and profit results. Recruits,
trains and develops front end employees and other employees as
assigned. The Assistant Store Manager ensures store adherence to
all loss prevention procedures and performs Manager-on-duty
functions, as well as any other duties or tasks required.The
essential duties of the Assistant Store Manager Chef'Store are as
- Supervise and coach employees in providing efficient and
friendly service at the registers and throughout the store.
- Responsible for addressing personnel and performance issues,
including coaching, verbal and written warnings.
- Consults with Store Manager and HR on next steps leading to
progressive discipline and termination, when needed.
- Ensure compliance of personnel policies and procedures.
- Understand the mechanics of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and
how the operations translate into the monthly Profit and Loss
- Assist in the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) budgeting process.
Responsible for achievement of budgeted sales and profits and,
managing shrinkage with a heavy emphasis on front-end process.
- Participate in the annual inventory process including
preparation and execution of inventory guidelines.
- Responsible for training front end employees and other
employees on required programs.
- Assist the Store Manager in ensuring that all staff comply with
the Companies policies, procedures, store SOPs; ensure that the
facility is well maintained and is a safe environment for staff and
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, orienting and training
assigned employee group(s).
- Provide floor employees with day-to-day direction to include
schedules, outlining of store goals and sales and shrinkage
targets, and the subsequent results and achievement of goals while
performing the Manager-on-duty functions.
- Plan in-store demonstrations including preparation and set-up
of the demo cart/display, distribution of samples of product as per
the merchandising program and insures that demonstrations utilize
strong suggestive selling techniques.
- Assist in overseeing the receiving of product, return of
damaged or expired product and the proper and timely restocking of
- Responsible for maintaining merchandising programs within the
store such as promotional ends, signage, and other company or
market specific programs.
- Communicate with store employees about all merchandising and
marketing programs, assisting in overseeing the execution and
respective follow-up reporting.General operating procedures
- Analyze monthly store reports to evaluate controllable expenses
and overall store performance.
- Address any variance to company standards with appropriate
action plan, partnering with the Store Manager as needed.
- Ensure proper scheduling of employee to meet business
- Ensure all employees understand and can execute emergency
- Accept special assignments as directed by Store Manager.
- Adhere to, communicate, and fully support and enforce all
policies, processes, and procedures of the Company.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or
required.Education/Training: A two-year college degree or
equivalent work experience required. A degree in Business
Management, Supply Chain/Wholesale Management, or Accounting /
Finance strongly preferred. Related Experience: Minimum of four (4)
years experience in a retail work environment required. Must have
at least two (2) years of management/supervisory
experience.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must possess strong planning
and solid organizational skills. Must exhibit the strong desire and
ability to deliver superior customer service, and build
professional relationships with the client base, maintaining a
strong, consistent customer focus. Must possess the ability to
think quickly and critically, make good, solid business decisions;
demonstrate good common sense; and have the ability to think
logically. Must maintain excellent leadership skills, be highly
motivated and self-driven, and possess solid communication and
conversational skills and negotiation skills. Must maintain the
adaptability and the willingness to assist in accomplishing the job
every day, ensuring that everything necessary is completed to offer
the customer fast, easy and efficient, and professional service.
Must maintain strong business awareness and an ability to review
and interpret financial data. Must have the ability to work a
flexible schedule that may include early mornings, late evening,
holidays and/or weekends. Must possess and exhibit competency and
proficiency with computer applications and Microsoft
programs.***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Seattle , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!