Medical Assistant, Gastroenterology
Posted on: January 16, 2022
This position is eligible for a $5,000 sign on bonus!The
Gastroenterology department is seeking a Medical Assistant to join
their team full time to work in an office setting in Seattle,
SPECIFIC SCHEDULE:Monday - Friday - 40 hours per weekLOCATION:The
The Medical Assistant functions as an integral member of the team
and is responsible for providing clinical support to the provider's
practice by assisting in the coordination and delivery of patient
care. The MA's communication, conduct and performance should
support the Polyclinic's efforts in becoming a High Performance
The MA is responsible for and not limited to:
- Greet customers into the practice and provide instruction
and/or direction as necessary both on the phone and in person.
- Obtain vital signs.
- Administer approved medications outlined by WAC under
- Repeat patient concerns and relay physician direction.
- Document patient care activities in the electronic medical
- Assist the provider in procedures and treatments.
- Schedule and coordinate all patient appointments as
- Maintain an organized and clean work area, free of
- Maintain clean exam rooms.
- Stock and prepare exam rooms daily.
- Practice safety and OSHA regulations in regards to biohazard
waste and non-biohazard waste.
- Complete all documentation and records with accuracy as
directed or necessary for the patient's care.
- Order and maintain the inventory, and stock in the area
according to the policies and procedures established by the
Practice Management Dept. and Central Supply.
- Meet or exceed the performance measures established by the PM
- Follow established policy and procedures related to the
- Participate and contribute in a team-based environment.
- Maintain a team supportive attendance record.
- Understand and deliver quality care and service consistent with
the Polyclinic's efforts in becoming a High Performance
- Follow OSHA/WISHA (including usage of PPE) guidelines.
- Follow HIPAA regulations.
- Adapt and perform effectively in a continuously changing
environment, and in occasional difficult situations.
- Communication, conduct and dress portray a professional quality
at all times.Preferred Experience and Credentials:Education:
- Completion of a medical assistant program or completion of
military medical corpsman program.Experience:
- One to two years experience as a medical assistant,
- Current Medical Assistant - Certified credential in Washington
State or current Interim Medical Assistant - Certified permit in
- Required to obtain Medical Assistant - Certified credential in
Washington State prior to the interim permit expiration
date.Physical and Mental Demands:
- Occasional long periods of sitting, phone work and
- Requires good vision and hearing.
- Close working environment shared with other staff.
- Fast paced environment.
- May require lifting patients (i.e. assisting patients from
wheelchair to exam tables).Skills:
- Ability to problem-solve patient medical and non-medical
problems under physician direction.
- Understand and perform multi-tasking.
- Good command of the English language.
- Possess critical thinking skills to assist him or her in making
decisions in prioritizing daily activities related to the
- Possess and use good oral and written communication
- Possess ability to manage conflict.
- Possess proficient computer skills operating in a windows based
- Work effectively both independently and in a team.
- Ability to operate office equipment i.e. fax,
- Perform venipuncture and EKG's.
- Understanding in pharmacology.Other Requirements:
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this
role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and
local regulations as well as all client requirements and will
obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure
compliance.UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees
to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.Employees must comply
with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a
worksite building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas
where physical distancing cannot be attained.
Interested in learning more? Let's talk about our opportunities and
your career growth!
Keywords: Optum, Seattle , Medical Assistant, Gastroenterology, Healthcare , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!