Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Kelly Science and Clinical is the world's most recognized brand
in science and clinical staffing with more than 100 locations in
North America, Europe and the Pacific Rim. Our scientists
contribute to the research and development of the next generation
of small molecule drugs, biologics and cellular
therapies.OverviewThe incumbent will be responsible for processing
medically relevant biological samples through extraction or high
throughput DNA sequencing assays. This role will work within a
clinical laboratory team in a fast-paced, high production setting
to process research and clinical diagnostic samples to provide a
test result to patients, oncologists and other health care
providers and researchers. As such, high attention to detail and
clinical mindedness are crucial to success in this
- Perform DNA extractions, PCR amplification or high-throughput
sequencing assays on DNA libraries.
- Perform protocols under compliance with regulatory agencies;
model appropriate clinical, regulatory and safety practices.
- Keep accurate and detailed records for all workflows following
Good Documentation Practices.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment such as liquid
handling robotics and DNA sequencers.
- Enter and track data in a laboratory information database.
- Ensure compliance with lab regulatory agencies (GxP, FDA,
- Exhibit clear and effective communication to facilitate
effective handoff procedures.
- Record nonconformances for all appropriate errors.
- Lead by example and model appropriate cultural and professional
- Provide coverage for staff absences in collaboration with
supervisory staff and team leads.QualificationsRequired:
- A bachelor's degree in life sciences, with at least one year of
experience working in a high-complexity clinical molecular
- Molecular biology skills (e.g. DNA Extraction, Purification,
PCR, qPCR, next-generation DNA sequencing) and related technical
- Competent with laboratory automation and demonstrated
laboratory best practices
- Experience working with human blood, tissues and/or cells as
well as proper handling of biohazardous material.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to
collaborate across teams and disciplinesPreferred:
- ASCP(MB) certification
- Experience in a clinical, high-throughput
environment#TJP2021_CLSWhy Kelly--?Kelly Science & Clinical is your
connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to
hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science
professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and
interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100
percent of our science recruiters have a professional
background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about
the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly--At
Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we
do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is
an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse
workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Seattle , Clinical Laboratory Technologist, Other , Woodinville, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!