Branch Manager, Retail Banking (University Village, WA)
Company: HomeStreet, Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be
considered in accordance with legal requirements.
Job Description Summary
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Branch
Manager is to maximize the profitability of the branch and to lead
the branch team in creating a culture of excellence in service and
operations. Profitability is achieved through customer acquisition,
retention and referrals to business partners. This position
develops and executes a strategic plan that includes sales
production, marketing and community involvement along with staff
coaching and development. The Branch Manager actively makes outside
sales calls that are results oriented. Effectively manages and
grows a book of business, takes a leadership role within the
community including sponsorship of and participation in community
events. This position is responsible for the branch budget,
operations, audits, compliance, security and safety. The Branch
Manager will build, lead and develop their branch team so that our
clients will know HomeStreet as the trusted provider and preferred
source of financial services.
- Develop and execute integrated sales, relationship and
community strategies that are aligned with the branch's business
plan and that grow the customer base. Strategies include but are
not limited to cold/appointment calls, outbound telephone calls, in
person meetings, business networking and participation in branch
and community events. May conduct educational seminars.
- Research branch market area to create and implement effective
sales techniques which will generate additional new accounts and
- Develop and coach branch team profiling and sales skills while
ensuring high product knowledge.
- Implement tactical plans to actively call on new and
prospective customers, exploring needs and cross-selling bank
products and services.
- Ensure branch team is actively profiling customers in order to
understand their complete financial picture and to identify
opportunities to deepen our relationship.
- Identify clients who are not profitable and manage the
relationship to be a more profitable one.
- Work with the Customer Service Supervisor to establish sales
goals for branch team.
- Work closely with other business lines to partner in joint
marketing plans and cross-selling efforts.
- Sources Small business credit opportunities and facilitates
- Coaches team to participation in initiating quality
Relationship Referrals to partner business lines
- Leads branch team to identifying and processing Consumer
Customer Service/Retention Activities
- Creates a warm, welcoming and friendly experience for all
customers and employees. Models exemplary customer service
qualities demonstrating a positive, can-do attitude and customer
first culture. Responsible for overseeing efficient lobby
management and in building a trusting, seamless and superior branch
experience for customers.
- Works with staff to generate ways to pleasantly surprise
customers, differentiating the bank from competitors.
- Proactively educates customers on utilizing available access
- Assists customers with account servicing needs and resolves
difficult customer issues with diplomacy.
- Conducts care calls with consumer and business clients to
- May process transactions and account maintenance activities
including processing daily transactions, opening a cash drawer,
balancing the ATM, Wire Transfers, and/or acting as a back-up for
the vault banker. Serves as a resource for complex account
- Hires and develops quality staff ensuring proper skills and
staffing levels to ensure the highest level of customer service.
Quickly resolves issues of non-performance including termination in
accordance with HomeStreet's policies and procedures.
- Conducts annual performance and compensation reviews for direct
- Ensures all employee related actions comply with HSB policies
and procedures as well as all employment laws and regulations.
- Provides coaching to the staff on the day-to-day operations of
the branch as needed.
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring that all staff are trained
in sales and service techniques. Models sales process skills and
- Monitors and tracks sales and service performance of staff
making adjustments as necessary.
- Holds regular staff meetings and communicates regularly with
staff about the banks' strategic vision including customer
- Oversees branch facility management such as maintenance,
repairs, remodeling and branch security.
- Educates and guides branch staff to appropriate escalation
- Promotes core deposit growth through creation and management of
in branch sales promotions.
- Operate within the annual branch budget and revenue projections
during the year, communicating goals to staff.
- Determine guidelines for rejects/returns within the branch
operation application based on parameters set by retail leadership.
May support staff with risk assessment decisions and determine
rejects/returns utilizing defined approval authority.
- Ultimately accountable for branch performance on audits and
compliance with established bank operating procedures and
- Partners with Customer Service Supervisor in the completion of
Community Relations Activities
- Develop and implement a community relations plan in partnership
with the Community Relations and Marketing Departments. Emphasis
will be on leadership opportunities with CRA focused
- Work with the Marketing Department to plan and coordinate
- Minimum five years' experience in a bank branch environment as
an Assistant Branch Manager, Business Development Officer, Customer
Service Supervisor, Branch Manager, or equivalent.
- Strong business and financial acumen including the ability to
asses and manage risk. Proven history of negotiation and
- BS/BA degree in business/management related field or equivalent
- Proven sales results and sales management skills. Demonstrated
skill in soliciting business for bank deposit products and
services. Ability to identify client needs, present banking
solutions and bank products. Proven ability to retain existing
customers and develop new customer relationships.
- Professional staff development, performance management,
training, and employee counseling skills are required. Proven
ability to lead and develop a team.
- Strong people relations skills and ability to work with
employees and customers in a cooperative manner. Excellent
- Ability to make decisions, research and solve problems, work
independently, and manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledgeable of changes in the banking industry and in banking
- Ability to embrace and facilitate change, caused by customer
demands, corporate needs, or regulatory requirements.
- Local travel required. Valid driver's license, vehicle, and
liability insurance required.
This Position Description may not be limited to the Functions
and Requirements as outlined, now or in the future. For example,
changes in corporate needs, position demands, or individual
performance may result in changes to the Functions or Requirements
of this position.
Retail Banking (Sales)
Keywords: HomeStreet, Inc, Seattle , Branch Manager, Retail Banking (University Village, WA), Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!